“Bring the heat: More consumers are savoring spice. For the first time in four years, a majority (54%) of consumers polled said they find hot or spicy foods appealing.”
Technomic, “Flavor Report: Four Takeaways for Fast Casual Restaurants,” November 2013.
Sautéed Pierce Chicken® Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips®, red spread.
|Green peppers, cored, sliced||2 quarts|
|Yellow onion, peeled, sliced||2 quarts|
|Pierce Chicken® Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips
(Code #6264), thawed
|9 pounds (9 quarts)|
|Chipotle mayonnaise (recipe provided)||3 cups|
|Hoagie rolls, sliced, toasted||24 each|
|Pepper Jack cheese||2 pounds (48 slices)|
- Sauté peppers and onion on an oiled flat top for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Hold warm for service.
To make one serving:
- Sauté 1½ cups (6 ounces) Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips® on an oiled fl at top for 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon chipotle mayonnaise on cut sides of hoagie roll.
- Spoon ½ cup pepper mixture on bottom of roll; top with Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips® and 2 slices pepper Jack cheese.
- Place under salamander until cheese is melted; replace roll top.
|Jalapeño peppers||2 each|
|Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce||¾ cup|
|Red wine vinegar||2 tablespoons|
|Canola oil||¼ cup|
Makes 3 cups:
- Grill jalapeño peppers over high heat, turning on all sides, until skin blisters.
- Process jalapeño peppers, mayonnaise, chipotle peppers and vinegar in a blender until smooth.
- Add oil slowly, until emulsified.
- Refrigerate until service.