"A fifth of consumers (22%) say they would like more restaurants to offer chicken-based proteins, like chicken sausage or chicken bacon, at breakfast."
Technomic, Breakfast Consumer Trend Report, 2013.
Fluffy pancakes studded with crispy Pierce Chicken® Chicken Bacon and topped with a spice apple chutney.
|Buttermilk pancake batter, prepared||1½ gallons|
|Pierce Chicken® Chicken Bacon (Code #11054), cooked and chopped||10 pounds (1 case)|
|Apple chutney (recipe provided)||6 cups|
To make one serving (3 pancakes):
- Pour ⅓ cup pancake batter onto greased hot griddle; repeat 2 times.
- Top each pancake with ¼ cup chopped Chicken Bacon.
- Cook pancakes for 3 minutes or until bubbles begin to form; flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve 3 pancakes topped with ¼ cup apple chutney.
|Apple juice||1 quart|
|Granny Smith apples, cored, ¼-inch dice||1½ quarts|
|Ground cinnamon||¼ cup|
Makes 6 cups:
- Combine the apple juice, apples, sugar and cinnamon in a stockpot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce thickens.
- Hold warm for service