“Gaining rock-star status from street food, these casual-yet bold dishes include such items as hot dogs, tacos and loaded fries. These flavor-loaded and-layered fries hold great potential for accurate translation from street to restaurant.”
Flavor & The Menu, “Eyes on the Fries,” Winter 2013.
Crispy fries loaded with Pierce Chicken® Boneless Wing Dings,® creamy cheese curds and savory gravy.
|French fries, frozen||9 pounds|
|Pierce Chicken® Boneless Wing Dings (Code #111125)||7½ pounds (120 pieces) (Approx. 1½ bags)|
|White cheddar cheese curds||3 pounds (6 cups)|
|Savory chicken gravy (recipe provided)||3 quarts|
|Green onions, bias cut||½ cup|
To make one serving:
- Fry 6-ounces French fries in deep fryer at 350°F for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fry 5 Boneless Wing Dings® in deep fryer at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Place French fries on a large plate; layer with fried Boneless Wing Dings,® ¼ cup cheese curds and ½ cup chicken gravy. Garnish with 1 teaspoon green onion.
|Yellow onion, peeled, diced||1 cup|
|Garlic, peeled, minced||¼ cup|
|Butter, unsalted||1¼ cups|
|Black pepper||4 teaspoons|
|Chicken stock, reduced sodium||2 quarts|
Makes 3 quarts:
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter in a stockpot for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add fl our, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Add chicken stock slowly, whisking until blended; cook and stir for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Hold warm for service.